Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Start of my Oily Journey

Hey Y'all!! So this is my blog, about a girl, a guy, their kids and dog. Plus the everyday journey of into Essential oils. Not just any essential oils but Young Living Essential Oils. Why, Young Living Essential Oils, You ask? Well the answer is really simple enough. Not all oils are created equally. Most oils are chemically (ewww YUCK) distilled. While Young Living are all STEAM (yes you heard me right folks) distilled. See what this means is that all those nasty yucky chemicals are left out. It means NOTHING BUT, the Wholesome OILY goodness is left. 100% PURE LOVE. 
So... let me start where all good stories start.... In the Beginning there was nothing... oh wait that is toooooo far back. Let's rewind to October(fest) in Downtown Lee's Summit... yes good old German food, lots of rambunctious kids hollerin' and screamin' about. I smell an intriguing scent.... I ask my huni "do you smell that" he was like oops sorry.... :D so... I kept smelling it... it smelled utterly Divine. UTTERLY. Much like the Toucan, I followed my nose.... straight to a booth.... that was diffusing an intriguing smell... cloves, citrus, cinnamon.... oh my Lord how I was in L.O.V.E. I met a very nice couple (whom would become great friends in Christ and our Mentors) who were selling YLEO's. Now, being a holistic person I know that oils, herbs, spices, etc, can help you ward off illness, I cannot tell you how many "home brew" cough syrup's my kiddo's have had. How many times have I poured my "magical elixir" (as my awesome Sister calls it) down my hubs throat.... Yet I digress... anywhoot, we meet Amy and her hubby and they tells us all about this oil... called Thieves.... (so because I read a lot and remember from a herbal class) I am instantly curious IF this oil is as good as the oils of the black plague.... We speak and I get her information and leave my Digits... yes she called... and there began my love affair.... WITH OILS... not Amy lol although she is pretty spectacular.  Fast forward a few months, life happens, jobs lost, jobs found (because Amy helped us out there too), we pray a lot. Pray for guidance (***DISCLAIMER*** I am a Christian. I walk the walk I talk, so if that offends/bothers/irritates you perhaps this blog is no for you Capisce? ) So praying praying praying... I attend a SHINE event and lemme tell Y'all... if you have not attended one of these awesome events you are truly missing out... no seriously you are. So here we are, new jobs, new schedules, new, new, new..... and I am loving the idea of helping people with essential oils. I tell my better half (don't tell him I said that, his head will swell) I want to do this. Wholly, mind and spirit. SO we talk, and we get a phone call from Amy, she said.... well the entire convo is kinda in between me doing things and TA-DA I (actually WE are) am now the brand NEW owner of a Premium Starter Kit...... We take it home. I break into it... because I am excited to start oiling up.....
So lemme pause here and tell you a few of my "issues" I have fibromyalgia, Osteo-Arthritis, sluggish Thyroid(although.... it is now working properly) PCOS, and chronic pain in my hips, knees, and shoulder oh and I am "well nourished"... let's just say that if ever a Zombie Apocalypse happens I could go a few days without eating and that is just me, if we add Peeps to it then well it would have arthritis and well that's it. 

So I read the paperwork, the recipes, I google, pintrest, facebook.... I am excited because of all the possibilities... 
I start small because well I am curious but I am scared that they will not work. I start with Lemon oil in my water... and I detox, and boy howdy do I..... I add peppermint for appetite, which works heavenly.... However, I am wondering what about pain/discomfort, and irritability.... So I bust out the coconut oil.... and I wait. 
Few days later....I am in a lot of crazy pain... so I use PanAway.... wow... talk about relief. On a 10 scale it is down a wee bit.... so I ask questions (because one thing you are not if you have Mentor's such as mine) I get told to add Peppermint so.... I do... I layer it.... pain.... is down.... but not gone.... I reapply... often... so fast forward.........
It is a month later.... we are telling people we know about it..... having facebook classes (courtesy of Amy as well.....) I begin really exploring my Pocket Reference Guide. I also won a copy of Chemical Free Home... which is a Godsend. I make chest rubs, lip balms, aphid/spider sprays, Furbaby spray, "skinny" water, I also found a pain rub that works for me and that is saying a lot.
As for the kiddo, we made a face (anti blemish/zit/pimple/acne) scrub. We added Mel. A. to Shampoo for dandruff, and well... I made a few feet/bone/muscle/ soaks.... However, we cannot forget about fungi foot.... You know jungle rot toes.... aka unsightly toenails.... eww... I have pics.... we are treating that... 


So here it begins my journey... and they say it begins with a story, and this my friends is my story. How God, brought me to His Oils. How he brought me new friends.... So Welcome to My Oily Life.... Where getting oily is quite simply Life Changing..... 

In Christ,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment